Casinolytics Examines the Effects of the Twitch Gambling Ban

Casinolytics Examines the Effects of the Twitch Gambling Ban

 

Casinolytics

Twitch, an interactive live-streaming service, implemented a prohibition on streaming some gambling-related content, including streaming online casino and live casino games, by amending its policy in mid-October.

Now, a new analysis published by Casinolytics, an independent AI-driven data science company that delivers insights for the iGaming sector, demonstrates the effect of Twitch’s new gambling policy amendment.

Despite the restriction, Twitch remains the most popular broadcasting site.

Top 10 US Casino Sites to Play Real Money Slots

  • Slot Title
  • Pay Back
  • Key Features

  • Slots: 225+
  • Win Ratio: 97.92%
Welcome Bonus: 200% Up to $1,000Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 300+
  • Win Ratio: 96.5%
Welcome Bonus: 125% Up to $1,250Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 180+
  • Win Ratio: 91%
Welcome Bonus: 250% BonusPlay NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 225+
  • Win Ratio: 98.32%
Welcome Bonus: 350% Up to $2,500Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 180+
  • Win Ratio: 98.56%
Welcome Bonus: 235% Bonus + 50 Free SpinsPlay NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 300+
  • Win Ratio: 98.01%
Welcome Bonus: 240% Bonus + 40 Free SpinsPlay NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 300+
  • Win Ratio: 97.82%
Welcome Bonus: 125% Up to $1,000Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 200+
  • Win Ratio: 97.
Welcome Bonus: 280% Up to $14,000Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • lots: 160+
  • Win Ratio: 96%
Welcome Bonus: 300% Up to $2,000Play NowOur score:
Read more

  • Slots: 160+
  • Win Ratio: 97.18%
Welcome Bonus: 250% Up to $1,000Play NowOur score:
Read more

Twitch ban on multiple gambling channels in October

Casinolytics use its own data and expertise to provide light on the changes that have occurred after Twitch’s October regulation amendment. 

According to the AI-powered company’s data from the third quarter of 2022, Twitch was the clear leader in live casino streaming. In Q3, Twitch accounted for 95.9% of the overall audience, while YouTube accounted for the remaining 4.1%.

However, on October 18 at roughly 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, Twitch updated a part of its community guidelines titled “Prohibited Gambling Content,” resulting in a ban for four distinct domains, including: stake.com, rollbit.com, duelbits.com, and roobet.com

Twitch reiterated that it does not permit “users to share links or affiliate codes to sites that contain slots, roulette, or dice games.” The leading streaming platform also clarified that it considers whether streamers encourage or use VPNs to circumvent geo-blocking and whether the gambling website has a license in the United States. 

While the new restrictions went into effect on October 18, some users continued to stream as usual for several hours due to time zone differences.

Twitch Remains the Leader with the Largest Audience

A few weeks have gone since Twitch updated its policies and made them public. According to the most recent data by Casinolytics, Twitch is still the most popular platform for gambling broadcasting, with a 74% reach. Despite the October change to the gaming policy, this outcome has occurred. 

Still, it is significant to note that Twitch’s reach declined by more than 20% compared to Q3 results.

Following Twitch’s rules update, YouTube’s popularity skyrocketed. Since October 18, the platform’s reach has grown by an average of 40%. Some users were compelled by the regulation change to simultaneously stream via Twitch, YouTube, and Dlive. What’s more intriguing is that following the ban on Twitch, the blacklisted websites and several streamers migrated to Dlive.

Bovada Sports Betting Offer: Make a deposit and instantly receive a 50% bonus up to $250.

Avatar

About Lou De Aguila

Lou Ramon Aguila is a contributor for Golden Casino News. He has a degree in BSBA Legal Management with great interest in high-profile legal cases involving sports personalities. An ultimate sports junkie, he covers just about everything in the sporting world with an emphasis on the NBA, NFL, and MLB. In his past time, Lou loves to read manga, watch anime and critique pro-wrestling matches.